Life IS beautiful, isnt it? I look back at the past year and know how fortunate I’ve been. Today, just like every first of the year, I feel as though I’ve done too much and yet I’ve done too little. I feel as though I blinked and the year is over. I feel as though I have more than I deserve. I feel as though I want time to slow down a bit so that I can appreciate each and every second that I get. The new year always brings out a truckload of emotions that usually boils down to gratefulness because I am truly grateful for each and every experience He has given me.
1. I am thankful for my family – every hug, smile, kiss, phone call, skype/facetime, message – every moment I spend with them makes life worth living.
2. I am thankful for friends – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – my friends are like family to me. He gave me the most wonderful set of friends in the Philippines (and my best friend in America) who I love and miss and who I know despite the distance will be my greatest strength and support. He also blessed me with a great bunch here in Australia – friends who make my new life here more colorful. Friends who have now seen me happy, hyper, in tears, in turmoil, in all my weirdness and still love me for who I am (I hope. haha). I am extremely lucky. Thank you all for being in my life.
3. I am thankful for being able to visit new places. The past year made me realise yet again that there is really a lot to see in this world. There is so much beauty yet to be discovered. I wasn’t able to visit a new country this past year which is a bit weird – but oh the new places I’ve visited (like the one in the picture), just took my breath away. I am thankful that my son sees the magic of traveling and I am thankful that I get to see those places that I’ve been to through the eyes of a five year old. There is no greater gift than to see the world with your family. There’s this quote that I read somewhere that said “This heart of mine was made to travel this world” and I know I will always feel that way and I am utterly grateful that I do.
4. I am thankful for Australia. I’ve been here for almost two years and I still feel as excited and blessed as I did when I first arrived. I was watching the fireworks last night and I still can’t believe that I was there watching one of the best fireworks displays in the world. It might seem insignificant for some but at that moment I felt like the luckiest person in the world.
5. I am thankful for 2013. We are all blessed. That is one thing that I’ve realised even more the past twelve months. We can’t look at other people and wish we had what they have because our own lives are so full of special things, people and experiences. I am so grateful for what I have. I have been given more than I could ever wish for. Words aren’t enough to express how indebted I am to Him.
Wishing you all a very happy and blessed new year! May this new year bring you closer to your dreams and give you what your hearts truly desire.
Thank you 2013. You have been amazing! And welcome 2014, I know you will be even more incredible!